During this unprecedented time, University Urology Associates of New Jersey (UUANJ), has implemented several safeguards and taken extra precautions to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff while we continue to deliver the most advanced urological care. As restrictions on in-person consultations and elective surgeries are relaxed, it is important for all of us to transition to a “new normal” while maintaining the highest level of caution.
We have implemented the following safeguards to mitigate the risks to our patients and staff:
- A pre-screening questionnaire must be completed for all patients.
- All patients and clinical employees screened with non-contact infrared thermometers.
- Testing patients who are undergoing any urological surgical procedure for the virus.
- Following strict social and physical distancing measures such as spacing patients at least six feet apart in our waiting areas and minimizing time wait-times.
- Prohibiting visitors with the exception of patients unable to consent to treatment on their own. Patient companions will be asked to wait in the car
- Enhancing our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting practices, concentrating on frequently touched surfaces, exam rooms, and doorknobs.
- Mandating a mask or face covering for all patients, visitors, and clinical employees while in our facility, in accordance with CDC recommendations.
Immediate in-person and telehealth appointments are available with our urologists.
Thank you for trusting us with your urological care.