**CANDIDATE MUST HAVE MEDICAL OFFICE EXPERIENCE**
We are seeking a Surgical Coordinator who will provide support to the patient in coordinating all aspects of surgical care in a professional and supportive manner.
This person serves as a practice liaison to patients, physicians, hospitals and other caregivers as it relates to the patient’s surgical care.
- Interviews patients referred by the physician for the coordination of surgical care. Explains the procedure, any related tests or treatments to be obtained prior to the procedure, and necessary pre-operative consents and authorizations.
- Coordinates the pre-operative schedule for pre-admission testing, additional tests and laboratory work, and required notification.
- Schedules the appointments according to the individual physician preferences.
- Follows through on ensuring that all pre-op testing and requirements are received in a timely manner and submitted to the physician for review.
- Directs the pre-authorization process in conjunction with the precertification coordinator, verifying that insurance pre-authorization is received as well as all required PCP referrals. As indicated, directs completion of Treatment Plan data for various insurers.
- Obtains referrals and prior authorizations for surgery
- Completes the surgical coordination process by providing written documentation of the schedules and instructions to the patient, scanning copies of the documentation into the patient’s EMR record.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of Medical Experience. Urology experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient knowledge of insurances.
- Computer proficiency and prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system is a plus.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K plan
Go to all jobs