Now hiring Medical Assistants for a busy urology practice.
- Full-Time & Part Time Positions Available
- Candidate must be willing to travel to any of the four offices and must be certified.
- We are looking for self-motivated professional individuals with attention to detail and a desire to work in a fast pace setting.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- The ideal candidate has: 2+ years of experience
- Urology Experience is a big PLUS
General Responsibilities of the Medical Assitant in Urology are:
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming the purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for procedures & examinations; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Skills of a Medical Assistant in Urology Are:
- Customer Service Oriented Personality.
- Bilingual English & Spanish a plus
- Must have own transportation.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Good organizational skills, initiative, follow-through and the ability to meet deadlines. Experienced and professional when dealing with the public and clients.
- Proficient oral and written communication including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Benefits offered for a Medical Assistant in Urology
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K plan
- Company-provided uniforms
- Progressive work environment
Go to all jobs