We are seeking a Surgical Scheduler who will provide support to the patient in coordinating all aspects of the surgical care in a professional and supportive manner.
This person serves as practice liaison to patients, physicians, hospitals and other caregivers as it relates to the patient’s surgical care.
- Interviews patients referred by the physician for coordination of the surgical care. Explains the procedure, any related tests or treatments to be obtained prior to the procedure, and necessary preoperative consents and authorizations.
- Coordinates the pre-operative schedule for pre-admission testing, additional tests and laboratory work, and required notification.
- Schedules the appointments according to the individual physician preferences.
- Follows through on ensuring that all pre-op testing and requirements are received in a timely manner and submitted to the physician for review.
- Directs the pre-authorization process in conjunction with the precertification coordinator, verifying that insurance pre-authorization is received as well as all required PCP referrals. As indicated, directs completion of Treatment Plan data for various insurers.
- Obtains referrals and prior authorizations for surgery
- Completes surgical coordination process by providing written documentation of the schedules and instructions to the patient, scanning copies of the documentation into the patient’s EMR record.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
- Minimum 3 years of Medical Experience. Urology experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient knowledge of insurances.
- Computer proficiency and prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system is a plus.
Go to all jobs